As a comprehensive agenda for economic transition, the Research and Innovation Strategies for Smart Specialisation -RIS3 incorporate a dynamic monitoring mechanism with reliable indicators and statistics in order to keep it current, smart and sustainable over time.
The National Documentation Center (EKT) is the source of a set of monitoring indicators on national and regional strategies RIS3, the Operational Programme Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation 2014-2020 (EPAnEK) and the Regional Operational Programs.
EKT closely cooperates with the EU's Joint Research Centre for the RIS3 monitoring in Greece as well as in wider RDI topics such as, for example, the understanding and managing industrial transitions.
As listed in Appendices I and II of the document "Monitoring System & Evaluation of Strategic RIS3 2014-2020 '' of the Special Service for Strategy, Planning and Evaluation / NSRF National Coordination Authority, General Investment-ECAC Secretariat / Ministry of Economy and Development, EKT produces and publishes the following RIS3 monitoring indicators:
Research and Development (R&D)
- R&D Intensity - R&D expenditures as a percentage of GDP, at national and regional level)
- R&D expenditures in the Business Enterprise Sector as a percentage of GDP, at national and regional level
- R&D expenditures in the Government Sector as a percentage of GDP, at national and regional level
- Innovation expenditures (percentage of GDP)
- Non-R&D innovation expenditures (percentage of turnover)
- Innovative enterprises (percentage of total enterprises)
- SMEs innovating in-house (percentage of SMEs)
- Innovative SMEs collaborating with others (percentage of SMEs)
- SMEs introducing product or process innovations (percentage of SMEs)
- SMEs introducing marketing or organisational innovations (percentage of SMEs)
- Sales of new-to-market and new-to-firm innovations as percentage of turnover
Bibliometric Indicators for the Greek publications in international scientific journals
- Number of publications
- Citation impact (number of citations per publication)
All the above indicators are available in datatables (in Greek) https://metrics.ekt.gr/ris/datatables.
The production of the RIS3 monitoring indicators by EKT is financed through the project “Monitoring Mechanism RIS3” (MIS number 5008067), carried out under the Operational Programme “Competitiveness – Entrepreneurship- Innovation” of PA 2014-2020 co-funded by Greece and the European Union-European Regional Development Fund.