The National Documentation Center (EKT), as an Agency and a National Authority of the Hellenic Statistical System (HSS), is committed to the development, production and dissemination of high quality statistics, which meet impartially and equitably users' needs for policy and decision making, research and debate. The statistics EKT produces apply mainly to Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) areas.
The National Documentation Center serves the above objectives by following the highest European and international standards for statistical methodologies, organisational procedures and IT infrastructure, while, strictly implementing Greek and European legal frameworks for official statistics as well the European Statistics Code of Practice
In this context our goals are:
- to be a member of the Hellenic Statistical System which will always operate in a manner that reflects the principles of the HSS, and will co-operate and participate in every activity required and organised under the HSS and the European Statistical System (ESS),
- to guarantee and improve the quality of statistics produced,
- to generate useful statistics for research, academic and business communities, public policy, the economy and society,
- to consolidate and continuously refresh user confidence in the reliability of statistics,
- to maintain the confidence of statistical units – academic and research institutions, enterprises and other entities - which provide their confidential information for the production of statistics.